Saturday, August 13, 2011

Label or Maslow?~ Day 38

I am with these thoughts today. 
A little bit of textbook- like thinking to share with you in my blog. 
Why this subject this morning? I don’t know! :)… It is just where I am with my cup of coffee as I sit by the window. :) lol haha

You may think that Hai's going through her midlife crisis, a re-defining moment, self enlightenment, metaphoric, womanly changes, self-discovering, soul searching mode, etc., as I boldly express myself in blogging and writing my inner thoughts to you the past 38 days, and counting up to 100 days, to reach my personal goal. Good entertainment for some or who cares for others, and that's okay. That's not my real personal purpose anyway.

I thank you, my reader, and give thanks to God, for this opportunity to put my thoughts down on paper and send my vibrations into the Universe. It’s not a must "vehicle" for everyone to take, but it happens to be mine. :) 

We all have our ways of creatively expressing our souls through art, music, crafts, physical, intellectual…whatever that is for you. I encourage you take on the self-expression of your choice, to discover a bit of you!  

There’s no right or wrong way to express yourself, it’s only your way, as unique as you are, to the Universe! There is NO ONE like you! Amen to that! :)

Well, my point to all this is the label you hear or think of as you make a new discovery of who you are. You can label it, if it feels better to you, but it really does not matter that much.  What matters is the self expression itself.

For me, I can say Yes, I AM all the above and if there are more labels out there, bring it on! :)
I am simply enjoying my "Finding Self" mode through blogging, and that is where I am today!  Who knows how I will express myself in the future, after my 100 day commitment is completed.  What is important is that I continue to find an outlet to express and discover who I am and how I can connect with others through my work! :)

I want to keep it very simply with you, as I share the road map that has influenced me. Remember studying Maslow's hierarchy of needs, with a pyramid drawing of human existents in High School?
I may be different or strange, to say I DO VIVIDLY! :)

I still do today because for that young teenager, lost in the world, that class gave me a road map of where my existence was headed.

I was then, and still today, wanting to know what life is all about? I am always very puzzled, full of questions with the meaning of life for me on this earth.  I am no different from everyone else.  I'm sure you have pondered this basic question at different times in your life.  

I remember understanding the basic concept of where I had been, which was on the bottom of the pyramid, having only the basic needs met for food & shelter as a result of growing up in an orphanage in a war torn country.   But 30 years ago, my goal was to reach "the top of the pyramid,... Self- Actualization. "

Whatever that is, unknown to my young mind at the time, but it gave me some sense of “purpose”, to head to the top of that pyramid.  And it is still today! :)

Without getting too deep into the study and the definition in the encyclopedia of Maslow’s hierarchy, I will share a link here for you to do a little research later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

The gist of what it meant for me through the years was living and accomplishing these needs as he described.

Below is an interpretation of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, represented as a pyramid with the more basic needs at the bottom.[1]
Maslow's hierarchy of needs is a theory in psychology, proposed by Abraham Maslow in his 1943 paper A Theory of Human Motivation.[2]


“What a man can be, he must be.”[8] This forms the basis of the perceived need for self-actualization. This level of need pertains to what a person's full potential is and realizing that potential. Maslow describes this desire as the desire to become more and more what one is, to become everything that one is capable of becoming.[9] This is a broad definition of the need for self-actualization, but when applied to individuals the need is specific. For example one individual may have the strong desire to become an ideal parent, in another it may be expressed athletically, and in another it may be expressed in painting, pictures, or inventions.[10] As mentioned before, in order to reach a clear understanding of this level of need one must first not only achieve the previous needs, physiological, safety, love, and esteem, but master these needs.


Am I there...?  LOL hahaha
HARDLY!!!!!!~ but I am striving to gain insights in each level of life to simply live life to the fullest. I tend to gauge myself against this pyramid once in awhile to understand my fluctuation on that pyramid.

It is not the ONLY answer to my Self- Finding Search but it has helped me through the years. This may be a bit of helpful or interesting information to you,  not to even bring the spiritual realm of self discovery into the equation ( That's another blog),  but by sharing with you today, you might get some interesting studies or insightful answers for your journey.

With Love & Study,

 Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment