Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to the BASICS ~ Day 39


OH...what a GLORIOUS Sunday!

It has been raining continuously and consistently all morning as we allowed oursleves to sleep in, and slowly stirred about this morning. Even our Teddy Ber is relaxed in his comfy bed below our feet.

My best traveling companion
How peaceful and serene it is to hear the rain drops above us. It is an engulfing sedated sound on a RV rooftop, much like if we were in a small cave, or as if we were in a large tent, to be one with nature, yet so well protected and sheltered! I appreciate being with nature more and more, in all the seasons, as it offers a well balanced rhythm of life.  I let the seasons lead my being as well.

By the window and into my writing...
Today, I enjoy watching the rain drizzel down the branches, within arms reach to where I am sitting, dry and with all my creature comforts.  I enjoy listening to classical music, playing softly in the background, which adds to the peacefulness as the rainy morning engulfs me!
Thank you for this wonderful rain today, Lord! :)




Ahhhhhh... This basic moment is truly heaven on earth, as we enjoy making a late breakfast of bacon, eggs and toasts, penetrated by the smell of Starbucks coffee brewing.  I am not a breakfast eater, but I enjoy making it for James.  I take in the smells of a living home, while he reads and piddles around me.  It is a perfect sense of home, no matter where you are.




I am so looking forward to being in the kitchen today to make a tomato & basil sauce from the harvest I brought with me from our garden in Rome.


Here's to "Back to the basics!"~  Indulge in the simple goodness of life!! ~



May you have a restful and peaceful Sunday as well, wherever you are! :)

With Love & Comfort,

Hai


No comments:

Post a Comment