Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Symbol of Love & Loyalty ~ Day 66

I planted a Japanese Maple in the center of our "Garden of Love" today! Yippeee!

The Japanese Maple brings a symbol of celebrating in the change of season, an "Autumn welcomed as a friend" and longivity if you are interested in meanings.


It is exactly what I needed for my beautiful Cranes standing there! :)


Then, it occurs to me, to ask myself, why I have been drawn to Cranes in my home and in my garden?
I have NOT seek them out  but the Cranes have been my common theme in my home and garden, so I did a little searching on the symbolic meanings behind them.



Cranes ~ A Symbol of Love and Loyalty.


..."cranes hold a symbolic representation in many cultures including the eastern cultures which worship these birds for their love, peace and harmony. Because cranes are faithful birds and mate for life, crane statues are popular choices for gifts to young couples starting their lives together. Many of us also offer crane statues as goodwill and longetivity for a wedding or an anniversary. The cranes are symbolic for young and old, an inspiring symbol of love for two people who are bound to the other through the ties of marriage. The Japanese for instance, hold the cranes very dearly as symbols of loyalty, love and peace ..."



How perfect!!!!!

That is exactly what I wanted to convey to my husband when I created his "Garden of Love" as a surprise for him on our 8th Anniversary!!!

It was all of my labor of love in the shape of a heart with an eternal ring with messages written for him!

"I made a wish"

"and you came true"

"I love you, James"

8 (symbol) is eternity

 I didn't have the pair of Cranes in my Garden of Love yet but the Garden itself was already very symbolic from my heart!

Little did I know, the Cranes were the meant to be there, soon after it was completed during one of our antique shopping trips with my husband in Ohio.

I do believe you are drawn to what you want, even when you are not sure how to express it completely! :)

With Love & Cranes,

Hai

2 comments:

  1. Hai, I love all of your cranes in the house! And, your garden for James is so sweet! You little love birds! Isn't it grand? Hugs and Kisses! Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life with love is indeed grand! :) Hugs & Kisses to you! Hai

    ReplyDelete