Thursday, August 4, 2011

The purpose of weed~ Day 29

I honestly look forward to sitting down each day to hear what my little mind will discuss with me and then I share it in my blog. :) In the old days, we just write in a journal or a diary and put it away.
Today with internet, we can share our thoughts across the world in an instant!.
Amazing how sharing information & our thoughts has changed! :)

I find writing for me is a form of meditation everyday.
Today,  I also found pulling weeds in my garden is another form of meditation. It takes concentration, hardwork and with purpose! Five hours came & went.
Right now, my back is thanking me for sitting still to write my blog....so, guess what's on my mind?
Weed... but not that kind! :)

Let's weed away with me here....

I can't relax or enjoy my cottage until it's tidy but my lil' Jojo makes it so charming with the mess here.

While "pulling weed" until my back hurts, I keep asking that's the purpose of having weed anyway . The  weeds in your gardens, only create more hardwork and they are unwanted plants! So, why God creates weed anyway?

A barrel full of back pain!


There has to be a greater purpose for having weed in your garden. Why don't we like them? Feeling like I was wasting my time to pull up what God has placed there, I was curious enough to find out the answer.



I "google" the answer ... Here it is... just one of many answers...

"Weed in your garden... provides ground cover to even out soil temperature extremes, holding soil together,giving color to the environment, and fighting pollution are among the most important purposes that garden weeds serve. Specifically, bare ground shows great temperature fluctuations and loses moisture to evaporation. It also can become both compacted and eroded without roots holding it together and attracting soil food web critters. It's drab and uninspiring to look at too. Additionally, it takes in carbon dioxide, gives off oxygen and thereby cushions against traffic noise and fumes."
Hmmmmm....  who knew??  


 Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_purpose_of_garden_weeds#ixzz1U6KfhnAH

Though we strive to live more "green" and by choice, that's why we live where we live!  We do love our environment as natural as possible.  I weed for the part that says " It's drab and uninspiring to look at too." I do let the weeds roam elsewhere on our 5 acres but within our picket fence, I let my other pretty plants do the job of our "carbon footprint: without the weeds, thank you! :)
The BEFORE 
Just the same, I have my pretty "Garden of Love" back without the weeds & I feel SO MUCH better!


Ahhhhhhh... weedless pretty! More Inspiring to us!
Next time, when you don't feel like pulling weeds, you just have to remind yourself of all the important purposes weed has for us all. Then, you can just relax and enjoy, while looking at them from your porch.    So, the next question I have is ....Is that possible for you? Lol haha 
I guess, we all need to accept the weed as part of the landscape, much like the unwanted parts of life as part of life. :)

Does that make sense? LOL haha... Thought so...

With Love & Light,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment