Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cottage Sweet Cottage~ Day 28

As much as I enjoy traveling, there's no place like home to come back to. :)
Don't you just love sleeping in your own bed with your favorite pillow and get back to you old comfy routines?
Ahhhhhh.... I am home to my "Cottage Sweet Cottage" among my gardens...

My welcome home harvest!
My gardens have taken over while I was gone... everything has grown so much., including the weeds!

My yard is happily occupied with vegetables
Besides more hard work for me later, harvesting them this morning brought me sooooo much joy! :)  Everytime I am home, I feel so blessed for the abundance that we have all around our very own "Garden of Eden" that God provides to us. :)



Our fig tree is busting with sweet, delicious figs. We have so much that the ground under the fig tree is covered with fermented smells of the ripen figs that the birds & squirrels didn't get to.


 But oh my... thank you figs, for such yummy treats this morning for my breakfast, right off the tree!



There is NOTHING better than home grown organic vegetables & fruits! I love, love, love and MUST have kitchen gardens for fresh produce every season when I can.

I even have squash, watermelon,  cucummber, carrots, spinach, basils, mints, lettuce, green peppers and more, waiting for me to harvest...









My tomatoes are ripen and ready to eat. I am so looking forward to make fresh tomatoe sauce with home grown basils with my angel hair recipe to enjoy for my daughter this weekend.  Yummm!




Of course, after the joy of  harvesting my rewards and finding more garden treats to come, I have plenty of just plain hard work ahead of me to get my cottage back to its tidy self again! :)

My Cleveland's "Knock Out " Roses made it!  Welcome to your new home!
Yes... There's no place like home to put all of your labor of love into it!


May God bless your home & your garden with love & laughter today as well! :)



With Love & Light,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment