Monday, August 1, 2011

Is Summer over? ~ Day 26

 I am sitting here at our picnic table, under our shady canopy full of trees, listening to my favorite music, writing my today's blog, enjoying a cool breeze around me, taking it all in for the last day!

It feels so official with today as Monday, August 1st with my husband, up & at it at 6:30AM, and back to work on a new month! And... I am heading back to my cottage in Georgia to be with my daughter as school is right aound the corner for her. Summer is over, already?
I can't help it but to think to myself... I am going to MISS this summer spot but realized, this spot will be here for me to return in the fall too so, I am thrilled to have that option! Hmmm..Who knew?

Anyway, my today's real challenge is how am  I going to pack my "summer finds" in my little car?  It's not an easy task with me! As I travel, I am always finding treasures but thank goodness, I am limited by having the smallest car, like my Honda Fit.

The problem is ...I am such a sucker for bargains! I only buy when there is a DEAL in it! I LOVE the "hunt" more than the "buy" in my shopping experiences! :)


I am taking back with me 5 old windows that were FREE from our Illinois trip while antique shopping with my sister-in-law, Nan. What a fun trip!  I have been collecting old windows for four years now, hoping to eventually build a cottage greenhouse out of them. So, I am always looking out for  those "oldies with personality" windows and these were at the right price! :)

Also, how am I going to fit my 15 "Knockout" Rose bushes that were on SALE at 60% off ! LOL haha. I've never seen "Knockout" Roses "on sale" and I need LOTS of them as I am creating that "charming cottage" venue in my head so I am always needing more plants at our yellow cottage!
Of course, I couldn't pass them up at that unsual bargain price to get what the store had left!

James is laughing at my plants to take home!
Also, it means I have alot of work in stored for me when I get home! :)

Between my husband, and my daughter, they keep me busy. Our life is what it is for now.  It may not be ideal but we enjoy life nevertheless with our unconventional family life! Matter of fact, life is always an adventure for us and I love it! The distance keeps it all fresh and forever changing for my personality because I am easily bored. :)

The only thing CONSTANT in life is CHANGE! As you learn to go with the flow, life happens as it should, so just enjoy the ride...whatever that is for you today!:)

With Love & Light,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment