Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family- ( My Angel from Above)- Day 18

Living your Dreams (Family)~Part 5 ...Continued..

As we landed in Hanoi at midnight, we were greeted warmly by our translator and a few of my Vietnamese extended family members.

We loaded our entire luggage in this huge luxury bus, big enough for 50 people.  Because we were “American”, our tour organizers believed that everything had to big and therefore arranged a large bus for us! Thirteen of us stretched out on the bus as we traveled to our first night’s hotel stay in Hanoi, grateful for any kind of bed to lay horizontal after a very long international flight.


All of us were exhausted from our long flight to reach the other side of the world.  Most of the kids have never been overseas before.

I have traveled to Vietnam many times before but I was still a "foreigner" to my native country, so our translator, whose name was also Hai, was my greatest supporter and friend to ensure that my new husband and his children had a good time.

I am still today so grateful for Hai’s help, support, and service to my American family. 
He was priceless!  It was as if he was the only one who knew of the importance of this dream of mine to bridge, not only two families, but also two countries together. Hai also had a Monk discipline background and understood the sacredness of this trip from my heart, while the others only knew it as a new & interesting vacation.


I met Hai Nguyen on my earlier trips to Vietnam, and he had become my good friend. On several previous trips he had traveled with me, side by side, living, eating and sleeping in the same villages, and helping me reunite with my family.

Once again, he came to aid me in my journey of bridging my two families together on this journey. He was indeed my personal angel. 

He had become my confidant, my special gift from above for the next 10 days, to guide my young and not as worldly all-American family.  Our journey has begun…

Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam, Everyone! 

And especially.....Cam on, my Angel, Hai.


With Love & Light,

Hai



No comments:

Post a Comment