Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family- Let go of Fantasy~ Day 21

Family continues… Part 8

I knew very little about each child on this trip, but I can sense the sadness, anger and confusion about life they each carried with it.


I sensed there were thick walls, still needing to be chipped away from their own past, in order to make a new path with us during this trip, as a new generation of intercultural family. It was more evident to me as the days passed.  It was going to take more time to heal their own wounds in order to break down the barriers they had, before moving on with their lives from where they were.  


 I soon let go of my “fantasy “ of thinking somehow, like on a magic carpet ride, that this trip could create an instant loving, accepting family in 10 days. I knew from my heart, it wasn’t going to happen in those 10 days or maybe even in 10 years! At that time, I too had much to learn about adult divorced children to better understand them as they are today.

The best hope I had was that each child on this trip would find his/her own family ties among themselves after their own parents divorce, and to live a happy life beyond this it.  
We all are together on this journey as a family for a reason.


Letting go has been the hardest kind of love I've experienced with my own daughter. So, it is something I know all too well to let go of this fantasy and accept each person, each family member, from where he/she is, not where I want them to be. 


I do believe people, from strangers to family members, come in our lives to teach us the lessons we must learn in order to help us fulfill our own destiny.


And the greatest lesson for me to learn is that a Fantasy is different from a Dream.
So, I put my big girl's panties on, and like Jerry's T-shirt says it so well, I took a "Big Gulp" of my reality since then! :)

With Love & Light,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment