Monday, August 22, 2011

Letting Go of A Dream, Part 1~ Day 47


Your Dreams Can Change,  Part 5… Day 47

 Many years have passed since returning from my family trip to Vietnam in 2004.
 My day to day reality faded this “rebuild an orphanage” dream, but I still hung on to a "hope" that maybe one day, if not me, others can make it become their reality.

Dreams give us Hope! Hope brings endless possibilities and joy in to our world!


Then… in 2010, I discovered a way to attempt, one more time, finding a way to raise money for the cause to realize this orphanage dream, but this time I was going to see if I could interest more of the orphans from my childhood group that had previously shown an interest similar to mine.

I discovered and joined a “ multi- level marketing” gas company out of Dallas, TX, named Ignite, the marketing arm of Stream Energy, as a economical way of raising funds on something we all use everyday. I joined this company because it had a nonprofit program to help 501c3 organizations earn money through gas and electrical sales to help with their causes.
My financial hopes was here!

I thought it was a brilliant money solution to give this dream a go again, and attempted to reach out to other orphans about this dream that I understood we shared. We all want to help and to continue what our Headmaster, Pastor Ha started.
Mr. Ha, our headmaster at the orphanage site in Vietnam, being erected in 1967

I believed I was merely one of many of my fellow orphans who wanted to help, …to add the fuel, the passion, the actions, and perhaps the solution to realize this old dream through the Ignite nonprofit assistance program.  To rebuild or help other orphans, or, for that matter, to help any good cause, one must have MONEY to fund and to continue to feed their dream.  A dream such as this, without financial support and action behind it, is only a daydream.

I was so excited and had high HOPES that maybe, just maybe, I ran across the answer to the financial side of this nonprofit mission.  I had a solution to help earn money to get this dream off the ground!  I decided to step forward and reached out to the same orphans that had previously spoken of their support to rebuild an orphanage in Vietnam.  

Knowing that they met as a group in Dallas, TX, from time to time, I decided I find out the date of their next meeting.  Since I had left the Texas area many years before, and was living in Rome, GA, at the time, I was never really a part of this group of former orphans who I grew up with.  Although we had a common past, we had gone our separate after we arrived in America in 1975. 
In 1975, we all came here to the Buckner's Children's Home in Dallas, Tx  as immigrants.
 Regardless of the distance I felt with my orphanage group, including physically, emotionally and even culturally, I was so excited get in front of them with my money raising idea.  I contacted the group leader and asked if I could join them for their next meeting.  I explained to him that I had an idea to share with the group that might help all of us realize our orphanage dream.

When he said “yes”, I was like an idiot on fire, with a burning passion to share this new idea!  :)  It was good to feel ALL that passion, filled with hope and possibilities.  I was passion on steroids, and could not wait to give this a go!
So with my husband’s total support, I flew to Dallas, Texas, stayed with my headmaster’s wife, Mrs. Ha to catch up with her before my presentation with the “group”.  I was so excited, so hopeful, and I wanted to deliver my idea perfectly so they too would see the possibilities.   

It was January, 2010, a perfect time for a new beginning. 

But that was soon to change,…again.

I will continue tomorrow, as it is getting too late tonight to complete "the rest of the story".

With Love & Dreams,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment