Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Cute Blue Dress Kinda Day~ Day 50


WOW! ~ It’s hard to believe that I am writing my 50th blog, consecutively for the past 50 days! Woohoo! I am half way there to my 100-blog challenges! The rewards have been awesome!

I know I have been writing on heavy topics lately but I will keep it simple, today! :)

Last night, we had a major storm with trees falling on our power lines, so we still have NO electricity, as I write this blog and I only have 40% computer battery life left to get this blog done! 
So, I'll keep it short and simple!

Since the power is down all day, today has given me a wonderful day to slow down to snail pace and thoroughly enjoyed working on a simple project!


Today, I wanted to sew a big double pocket on one of my cute blue dresses I have in my closet.

Teddy (my dog) and I usually have our daily morning walk and now we have increased our walking distance to 6 miles  a day so I can stay fit !

Since I walk more & more now, I also discovered that I LOVE to wear one of my loose  cotton, “cottage dresses” I own with big pockets during our walks. It’s the BEST clothing for long distance walking! 

No more gym shorts & shirts for me! I am a believer in walking dresses now! BIG pockets are a must and I can carry everything on me, yet I stay cool, comfortable with no clinging fabrics on me and I walk freely and longer! :)

So, please try a dress on next time if you are walking long distance and you will feel what I mean! 
Of course, please invest in a very good pair of walking tennis shoes. 

Okay, I am not going after a fashion statement here but trust me, you can walk longer and stay cooler with a loose, comfortable summer dress on and oh, did I mention with BIG pockets! :)

With BIG pockets, I am able to bring my house keys, cell phone, money and/or debit card, my driver license, tissue papers, a 20 oz bottle of water ( it fits in one pocket) , an apple I eat for energy, and of course a leash with Teddy with me when I walk.

Any way, after meeting my husband for lunch today, I went searching for an antique ladies handkerchief to be my pocket for this adorable blue dress!

I found a blue antique rose handkerchief to match my dress for only a dollar!! :)
I came home, enjoyed sitting quietly and hand sew the handkerchief together and then onto the dress.


I’ve TOTALLY enjoyed my day with my simple project of sewing this antique hankie onto my blue, now even more adorable dress with BIG pockets. Viola!   Too cute, I think! :)

Now, I am looking forward for my husband to come home from work and we will be taking our daily 6 mile walk together. Yes, I am averaging 10-12 miles of walking a day. 

So, next time, please try a walking dress on if you are going to walk a long distance! :) Let me know!

Ahhhhh... A simple perfect day when we keep life simple!

With Love & Simplicity,

Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment