Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Don't Open This Door! ~ Day 98

OMGosh....  I am a total MESS today!


We have good friends staying with us at our cottage this weekend so I've been busy tidding up our place all day. Pay back is brutal when I've been traveling for awhile. I am always playing catch up around our home when I get home.  Everywhere else was easy EXCEPT for this room!



 WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR! 
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Lol....





Okay...A confession of truly a girly girl with my closet, shoes and clothes. I know I am NOT alone on this, ladies! :)


When we decided to DOWNSIZE after moving from California to Georgia, our goal was to keep it small in our footage to a little cottage size home and keeping life simple. 
It was actually my idea and I've been looking for a yellow cottage all my life as my "dream home." James was sold on the same idea. 

I never care about the big square footage of a house after building many monsters of houses in the suburds with wasted square footage that made a house felt cold and not homey or cozy for me,  personally. But they sold well for that "city image lifestyle" and I was grateful as a business woman.

Personally, I wanted charm and character of a small cottage in the woods but I still wanted my special space as a woman. 
Much like his own space of a workshop! Get it now, guys? :)

As they say, "you can take a city girl to the country but you can't take the city out of the girl." I still love my feminine side to the MAX so I negotiated with my handyman husband during our renovation that I get the closet I wanted with our downsizing to the woods. And so it is... I got my closet! :)
My husband, personally built everything in it. I am a lucky girl to have such a very accommodating husband. :)



Keeping life simple is harder than you think.   I don't believe I am there YET after 5 years of renovation but I've had today as my reality check to "DE-CLUTTER" my closet and do a Fashionista CLEANSING scream! 
Why is that we, women still hang on to clothes that we never wear anymore? Definitely a letting go issue for me to work on it, here. UGH. :)


However, I must justify keeping up with my closet has been challenging as I pack and unpack so much to travel and I have no time to manage it well. 


Yes, it's my own female disaster here, needing this winter to find it's way back to me, again!!!



Notice, I have NOT unpack yet from my trip.


I've had no time to declutter this mess as our friends are coming soon.  I think I will keep this room LOCKED until I get enough energy to tackle this disaster! HELP! I need therapy for this! LOL


Aha Moment!!!~  I now know what's my NEXT 100 days challenge will be!!!! :) Stay tuned....


With Love & De-Clutter,


Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment