Thursday, July 14, 2011

A smaller footprint ~ Day 8

My husband & I had a great soulful connection about my yesterday's blog... 

It was very "revealing" but it also a real slice of life that some people don't want to talk about and that's okay. :)  Judge or be judged, it is LIFE in raw form! 
Until you walk in the other person's footstep, you will never truly FEEL or understand it but by sharing, you give out the human lessons to be learned without walking that path.  You find that most people can relate! You are NOT alone! We learn from each other so we can, hopefully live our lives better!

You will find that I will write more matters of the heart, peaceful existence and the simple life lessons each day gives us. I tend to get bored with small talks at times. It's okay to also talk about the "fluffs "and not have so deep conversations all of the time. But by nature, I crave to have that DEEP, meaty, meaningful conversations to fill up my soul most of the time. With deep meanings and significant for life, I feel deeply, live deeply and share deeply. 

But today, it's going to be on a lighter side... :)
I took a slow walk with Teddy, my peek-a-poo dog this morning to start my day! We followed the crooked gravel paths and I looked all around me to see a new way of life, in a different light. At first, I thought, what am I doing here? This is crazy!...  Or is it?  

I soaked in the delightful weather; no longer miss the Georgia's heat & humidity. The day I left there and driving thru TN and KY to reach Ohio, the heat index for these states were up to 110 degrees! I needed some cooler weather relief and I am so glad to be here in my husband's arms again.

Enjoying this morning's weather in the 70's in the middle of July is heaven, and being mindful of my surroundings among the huge trees, hearing the wind howling by the leaves in a playful dance above me.  I noticed on each small lot of land, there is a RV or a trailer, a reflection of someone's life, someone's footstep in life.. From big to small RVs lining up with their own individual gravel path, a small patio area and a fire pit with folded chairs around it to enjoy their evenings.  Some of these are permanent sites as their year around homes and others are here for just the summer. This is a new experience for me. I've never been exposed to the RV, campsite living before this year. It's so basic, so real, so quite and so peaceful here. People are at ease, friendly and smiling!
There are young families with children sitting out at the table to eat their breakfast, a man tinkering with a fishing box on his beach lounge chair, a young couple, putting up their tent from an overnight stay.

Further up, I watched an old man in his 70's with a bright plastic red pitcher in hand, coming out from his small door of his home; a more of a permanent RV home site here. He walked slowly and with purpose with that red pitcher.  Then, I saw him poured the water in that pitcher onto his tiny garden of flowers with a peaceful smile!  He waved, "good morning" to me and I did the same with a smile back! 

The simple joy in that moment of his day to care for his small sunflower garden, made me wonder about his life and his long journey, he has taken on this same earth, to just be happy to be here today with his garden. 


Continuing on with my day as I walked back to our own RV. 
My thought was how much more do we need other than this smaller footprint on our earth to really be happy?   How big is your space or your home that you must occupied, that would make you any happier?  Matter of fact, the bigger the home, the more stuff we own, the more stress, more responsibility, and required more energy to work for it, to maintain it, and to pay for it and does it truly make you happier or more peaceful?  

I've lived through many houses and many lifestyles with "stuff" before in my life. I've lived in huge million dollar homes, mid-size homes, high-rises, condos in the city, studios, to my little cottage in the woods and add,  in a RV. I am the happiest today in our RV and to be peaceful in my days and to be with the one I love the most!  

What if this is all we need to enjoy our life together in this smaller footprint on earth?  It's more freeing to be with nature and have a small, comfortable place to rest at night. And we have the day to do what you want to do instead what we have to because we all have become slaves to our own  debts of wanting more. We would have so little responsibility and stress with less. Our days are slower and we only need so little to enjoy our lives! 

I find, as I get older, I am the happiest with less than more! No more worries about staying up with the Jones, no more worries about that perfect image of false sense of success,  no more worries of having the right house, the right car and the right career. We are most happy following my own bliss and living out our simple heart... only if you are so not so afraid of what others think about you! 
Actually, people think more about themselves daily than about you so, forget about that nonsense!  
Who cares, anyway?

What if we allow ourselves to be on a vacation mode permanently with less stress, less traffic, with less "trappings" of things in our society to be lighter, happier and more peaceful? 

Would you be willing to let go of all your "material things", your "stuff" that are weighing you down, stressing you out today and trade in for a simpler life with happiness and peaceful in stored for you each day? 

Think about that and can you apply the philosophy of "Less is More?"

With Love & Light,

Hai





























1 comment:

  1. You're in sync with today's DailyOM.

    http://www.dailyom.com

    Confess I love my stuff but try to balance with the awareness that it IS just stuff and not what happiness is built on.

    Enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete