Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living your DREAMS! - Part 1 ~ Day 13


I woke up this morning thinking about "Living our DREAMS", and decided to embrace today's writing on this vibration to see what will be revealed for me, as well as for my readers, about living your DREAMS!

There is a difference between your dreams and your goals!
I believe, “goals” are “steps” to get to your ultimate “dreams” that you envisioned for yourself. The dreams that you hold near & dear to your heart and they keep you going, even on tough days, to get to a better place!

Goals are the small steps in your journey! ~ Goal=journey!
Dreams are your designations ~ Dream=destination!

Of course, we all can have more than one dream!  We can have as many dreams as your imagination allows, followed by creating them into your reality! So, dream with your TRUE heart and…never stop dreaming as long as you live!


I realized after writing yesterday’s blog, it revealed that I AM LIVING my dream each and everyday! I feel so blessed today to wake up in my dream, with my eyes even more wide open and mindful of it!!!!

I am not to miss living my dream each day!  I will not take my dreams for granted!
I am to know that I am standing on the X marking the spot of my dream each day!

I have arrived in reaching my dream of finding 1) True Love 2) Home and 3) Family

Most of us tried so hard and work so hard toward reaching our dream that when we get there, we lost sight of it in the details and/or we didn’t slow down enough to enjoy the journey, and missed the dream altogether. We kept on going to our next goal and never acknowledge or even saw the “ YOU ARE HERE” sign, while standing on top of the X marked spot!!
How sad is that?

As I continue my discipline of writing each day for 100 days, as a student, I will be MINDFUL of my daily gift of life! 
Each day, life reveals my NOW, my present, in profound ways as I honor it by writing my heartfelt blessings on paper,... One Day At A Time!!!

I truly hope it will also prompt you to take a look at your own life, one day at a time, as you read my blog!
A small step toward sharing our dreams with the Universe....What are your top five dreams? 
You can have hundreds but for today, at least have your top 5 dreams!
Do you have it written down somewhere? 
If not, I recommend that you do that right now!

I will share my top 5 dreams here. They are:
1) True love
2) Home
3) Family
4) Help to re-build an orphanage in Vietnam in Cam Ranh City, where I once grew up to help other orphans.
5) Help make a difference in the world somehow.

My true heart’s dreams are simple on my list but they are the most important dreams in my life!
 
When I met my husband, James, which fulfilled my top 3 dreams with some adjustments on my list. 
I will expand on that "adjustment" later...

1) True Love.
I didn’t know when, where or who that “true love” package would be for me. I just stayed true to my heart, and my heart knew when he showed up!  But, not without all the steps and mistakes and self doubt, even the feeling of not deserving love, in my journey to get me here!

My handy man, my husband, my best friend! :)

I appreciate and acknowledge my dream of having true love everyday with my James. I don’t complain much as his wife or take him for granted at all. I thrive to be loved and to love him very well as my full time job. And I do take my job very serious!  :)

I know how empty it is to live without love for 37 years!  And we are the lucky ones, some people live a lifetime without love! So, I am sooo blessed! Thank you, Lord!

For that, each day, I am protecting, caring and cultivating my dream within my marriage!  I’ve learned more about loving him each day as I can imagine what “love” is for us.  My love is reveilled in many ways, from cooking, time spent together, touches, my love, honor, respect and having fun together, keeping myself fit and attractive as a woman to my partner, and sharing our friendship.  I do all I can for him to feel my love.

I am mindful to be the best wife that I can be; not subservient in anyway but only with kindness to him as his partner each day. I don’t take him for granted, as I know he doesn’t take me for granted either. I am living my dream mindfully, now that I have it within my grasp!

We both work very, very hard to love each other on a daily basis to keep our dream ALIVE!


2) Home
When I was a little girl, before my days in the orphanage, I still have faint memories of being so happy, loved, and safe in a tiny little grass mud hut home that my grandmother lived in, across the world in Vietnam.  That vision and feeling was home for me forevermore!

As I grew up, I hung on to that vision of that tiny cottage, filled with love when I felt happy & safe in it!
As long as I can remember, I have always been attracted to little cottages. But “love” must always be the main ingredient that has to be there, to fill up the cottage with love, to complete my heart’s dream of home, like my grandmother’s house.

Ironically, as I grew up in America and moved far away from my true heart, I lived and even built million dollars houses for my first marriage & family! I eventually became a custom homebuilder to build the American Dreams for others to purchase. My heart never felt “home” in any of the houses I built for my family, even with a massive brick wall around my home, in the midst of a coveted neighborhood in Atlanta, did I ever feel safe.

I was living someone else’s American dream, and not living my true village girl dream at all. Love was never there for me to feel the same as in that tiny cottage of my childhood.  Eventually, I let go of that dream!

In 2003, after I met James, I shared my true heart’s “dream home”  and described this little yellow cottage with love in it, like my grandmother’s house!  We were made for each other! He shared his similar dream. Come to find out, yellow is his favorite color, too!  And so, we were out looking for our dream together, of owning our little yellow "love shack" somewhere!


Since 2007, we’ve been living in our  “dream home” with goals of renovating our yellow cottage in Rome, Georgia.  It’s cute! It's simple. It’s not grand at all but it is EVERYTHING GRAND to my heart and I feel loved, happy, and safe, in our cottage with my true love in it!  :)

Our massive labor of love in this dream is priceless and can never be bought or sold in our lifetime. James has built a picket fence around the cottage, my dream closet, my Barbie size kitchen, my art studio, with 4 country dogs running free inside an outer fence with an electrical gate entrance to our 5 acre little adobe that we both so adore!


We decided, no matter where he has to work, this yellow cottage would forever be our home together.  Anything else in between will only be temporary.  Together, we staked our love in our  little  yellow love shack here, in the woods on Eden!


3) Family.
This is where my “adjustment” came in to play! 
My dream clashed with reality.  I learned that fantasy and dreams are not the same!
We will never be “The Brady Bunch”…

To be continued… Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment