Thursday, August 5, 2021

Day 7 : Blessings and lessons










After 2 days  RV camping with 5 kids and 2 dogs at an KOA campsite, I am grateful for so many blessings and to take in so many summer memories.  

The parents are coming to pick up the kiddos tomorrow.

It has been a quick but very very busy and EXHAUSTING week!

We couldn't ask for better weather, better campsite space with the playground as our backyard for the kids to come and go, play with more freedom as they pleased.







We watched them and supervised from our campsite. 

Camping meals were fun  with hot dogs by the fire and  hamburger with plenty of S'mores as desserts to keep them happy and energized like the everlasting bunnies! hahaha. 

The kids played so hard and there were plenty of activities from swimming. jumping pillow, hiking trail and even watched a movie in the RV.






So perfect in so may ways and so blessed all around. 

These kids are precious and of course are still learning with adults supervision at all time. I tend to worry about their eating good meals and keeping the campsite tidy, safe with 7 people (little ones tend to trash the place ) and with 2 dogs in our RV. 

It does get crowded and organizing is constantly needed to keep it tidy! Candy wrappers and such will bring bugs and critters out too, not to mention all the dirt from dirty socks and shoes.

Meanwhile, my Husband aka Grandpa is all about fun and keeping the RV in shape to function like a mini house on wheels and to travel! 

Thank goodness for him. If it wasn't for him, we would not even bother to own an RV. lol

Each summer brings so many memories for the children as well the the adults. 

I am new at this Nana thing, especially when they are not mine and dealing with overly concerned parents. How do teachers do this???

The lessons are many for me this summer... Here's one big one. 

Many people thought I was crazy to take on 5 kids under the age of 10 years old, all at once for a week. 

I replied, "I know, I am so stupid and had to learn the hard way!" hahaha 

I've learned NEVER to take on more than I can handle so it has been a learning curve for this Nana for sure. I now know to take one child at a time is a good plan from now on. hahah

I am more aware I don't have the energy. It takes the fun out of it all with a tired and on edge Nana. Grandpa is the biggest kid of them all so it takes its toll on me too. I am more a homebody and less on the go. This week has pushed my envelope to the MAXXX...

I have MORE appreciation for teachers or childcare people to handle as many children as they do all at once . Bless them! 

This is not one of my talents. I am more of a one on one , small scale with little people. hahaha :)


We live and learn every day, don't we?

Well, my quite time is up!

Got to run...


Hai




No comments:

Post a Comment